Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Tuesday

I thought that it was interesting that the tribe and the actual community runs the health care system throughout the community. I think it is great to involve other members of the community to hear what they believe needs to happen to their own health care. The members of the health care team are everyone from doctors, nurses, nursing assistants, dietary, pharmacy, social work and anyone involved with the direct and indirect care of that patient. When someone with a need comes into Cherokee that needs help, they receive the same care that any one else would get. I believe that the similarities that I observed with the organization is the fact that its a goal that everyone should be treated with the upmost respect and quality of care. I think that the differences that I observed is the fact that our culture seems to be more judgmental. I love the feeling in Cherokee that you are not judged and you are just as equal to anyone else. Something that I take interest in is the fact that the herbal alternative medications in the culture have really great outcomes. Walking through the Indian Village a worker had been stung by some fire ants. It was educational to see him use a plant growing right next to where he was sitting called, 'Jewel Weed' to help with the stinging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment